Data can be transferred to and from the UperGrafx via a USB cable. Data that can be transferred includes: screenshots, save data, VSync adjustments, and firmware updates.
The data transfer software requires Microsoft Windows.
- UperGrafx Control Panel version 1.10, software for Microsoft Windows
This program includes functions for both CD image transfers and all other types of data transfers. Even though a different link is provided in the CD image transfer section of the website, the contents are the same.
Installing the UperGrafx Control Panel †
- Extract the zip file posted above.
- Run the ikaebi.exe program after extracting it. This program doesn't require administrator privileges in order to do file transfers.
- approx.exe is a sub-program used from within the ikaebi.exe program.
- the approx.exe program is under the GPL, so the source code is available.
- If you get an "unknown device" message, please install the FTDI drivers that are appropriate for your OS. (external website) Virtual COM Port Drivers (FTDI website)
- Please check the Device Manager to see which COM port corresponds to the UperGrafx (ex. COM3).
- Please enter the specific COM port into the appropriate field in the ikaebi.exe program window.
- If you don't know how to find and navigate the Device Manager, please check this guide. (external website) Configuring Windows USB Virtual COM Ports
- If there is more than one COM port and you do not know which port to use, connect the UperGrafx to your PCE, and then to your PC with a USB cable. As you turn the PCE's power on and off, the corresponding COM port will then appear and disappear.
Description of the functions †
page: com.main †
- the function gets pixel data from the frame buffer.
- the function reads or writes the save data from the backup memory or memory base.
- the function calibrates the timing of pixel clock.
- Reset PCE
- the function control resets the PCE system.
page: com.sub †
- UperGrafx updater
- the functions updates new system datas.
- ROM dumper
- the functions can dump into your PC from HuCard slot.
page:formatter, writer, imagelist †
These pages are not data connection software. These functions manages ROM/DISC images in the MMC, user's PC. Please check image transferer software.